Berry Farm Preserves
- 4 Chicken breasts or Maryland pieces
- 1 jar of Berry Farm Spicy Moroccan Chutney
- 1 can of quality Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Flour for dusting
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Lightly dust 4 chicken breasts with flour.
- Place in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, bake until lightly browned in the oven.
- In a bowl mix 1/2, a jar of The Berry Farm Moroccan Chutney and 1 can of quality Roma tomatoes. Pour over chicken and cook in a moderate oven for 1 hour (3/4 hour for chicken breasts) until cooked.
- Served with coriander and lashings of extra virgin olive oil.
Beef and Spicy Eggplant Curry
- 500g blade steak, diced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Jar The Berry Farm Spicy Eggplant Pickle
- 1 teaspoon the Berry farm Chilli Sambal (or to taste)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions, garlic in ghee in a large saucepan for 3 minutes.
- Add diced steak and cook for 1 minute to seal in the meat juices. Add spices and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, The Berry Farm Spicy Eggplant Pickle and The Berry Farm Chilli Sambal.
- Cook at a low simmer for 15 minutes, and then add 125ml of warm water. Continue cooking, covered for about 45 minutes to 1 hour until the meat is tender and you can cut it with a fork.
- Check the volume of liquid once or twice and add more warm water as needed. Season to taste and return the meat to the sauce. Serve with Basmati rice.