Berry Farm Select Range
Quince-Glazed Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb, trimmed
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Berry Farm Quince Paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Weigh the lamb to determine the cooking time (bake for 18 minutes per 500g). Place the lamb on a rack in a baking dish. Bake for three-quarters of the calculated cooking time.
- While the lamb is cooking, place the orange juice, quince paste, mustard, oil, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the quince paste is dissolved, then increase the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Brush the lamb with the glaze. Return it to the oven and cook, brushing at 5 minutes intervals, for the remaining cooking time. Remove from the oven and brush again with any remain glaze. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with baked vegetables.
Fruit Mince Tarts
- 250g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 580g Berry Farm Fruit Mince in Dark Plum Port
- Cream the butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time.
- Fold in sifted plain and self raising flour.
- Knead to a smooth texture, and rest in refrigerator for one hour.
- Grease a 12-hole capacity muffin tray. Roll pastry until 3mm thick, line muffin tray with pastry and fill with Berry Farm Fruit Mince, and cover with pastry stars or any Christmas shape.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes on 180 degree, or until light golden and dust with icing sugar.