Berry Farm Jams
Fig & Ginger Carrot Cake
- 450-500g (2 jars) Berry Farm Fig & Ginger Jam
- 350-400g of carrots peeled & grated
- 200g grapeseed oil
- 100g walnut pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 220g plain flour
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 200g of cream cheese
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 230g icing sugar, sifted
- Blend all topping ingredients until smooth.
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C
- Mix oil, eggs, vanilla and Berry Farm Fig & Ginger Jam in a large bowl.
- Mix plain flour, bicarb, spices and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well. Add nuts, carrots and coconut and fold in.
- Bake for 45mins to 1 hour.
- Allow to cool and remove from the cake tin.
- When completely cool spread with cream cheese topping.
Duck Breast with Plum Jam & Wine Reduction
- 4 Duck breasts
- 1/2 cup of wine
- 3 Dessert spoons of Berry Farm Plum Jam
- Knob of butter
- Warm oven to 200°
- Panfry duck breasts skin side until brown. Turn over breast and place in the oven for 10 minutes (depending on the thickness of breasts, cook for longer if you prefer less pink) remove from oven and take breast out of the pan to rest.
- Drain off fat from pan and place on low heat, add wine and cook for 3 – 5 minutes to reduce, add plum jam stirring well, finish off with a knob of butter and strain sauce if needed. Pour over duck breasts and serve with Asian coleslaw or wok vegetables and rice.